The EndNote screen is split into three main areas:
- The centre of the screen lists your references. You can sort the references by clicking on any column header. To change fields displayed in the list of references in your EndNote library, right-click anywhere in the column headings. Select or deselect fields listed. You might like to display the Record Number field, as this can be helpful when using EndNote with Word.
- The right pane has three tabs:
- Reference tab: offers a quick view of all fields for the reference that is highlighted in the centre pane.
- Preview tab: shows how the selected reference would display in a bibliography.
- Attached PDFs tab: displays the PDF.
- The left pane displays groups. The commands in this pane change depending on which library mode view is selected.
The icons across the top of the central pane are shortcuts to popular commands, which are also accessible from the menus.