Skip to Main Content

Library Services




A subject guide for the UCL History department

Interlending and Document Supply

Using other UCL libraries

Did you know you can use the spaces and collections at any of UCL's many libraries? The libraries you might need to use include:

  • Science Library, Malet Place: the main space for Engineering collections, also includes Computer Science, Physics, Chemistry, Geography, Anthropology and Management.
  • Main Library, Wilkins Building: Includes Economics, Public Policy, Crime Science (in the Law section).
  • Bartlett Library, Upper Woburn Place: Architecture and Town Planning, so can be useful for construction and Civil Engineering.
  • Institute of Education, Bedford Way: in addition to Education they have a strong multidisciplinary 
  • Cruciform Library in the Cruciform Hub, Gower St: Clinical Medicine, useful for Biomedical or Biochemical Engineering and Medical Physics. There are other medical and health libraries you may want to use too, including the Queen Square Library for Neurology and the Language and Speech Science Library.

When you check a book's location on UCL Explore, it will tell you which library it is located at. Most of UCL's libraries are located in the Bloomsbury Campus.
See more details about UCL's libraries and their opening hours on the Library Services webpages

Other Libraries

To locate material not held by UCL you can use the Library Hub Discover site: an online catalogue with records of the holdings in top research libraries in the country.

Find out more about using other libraries, and links to other library catalogues.