If you have imported references on the same subject from more than one online resource, you may find that you have some duplicate references in your library. It is important to remove duplicates to avoid errors in your bibliography when you use Mendeley with Word to cite references.
To check for duplicate references in your Mendeley library:
- Select All Documents in the left-hand panel.
- Go to the Tools menu and select Check for Duplicates.
- Sets of duplicate references will be displayed. Each set shows what your duplicates will look like once merged. You can double click a set to expand it and view each duplicate document individually.
- Review the references and choose the details that you would like to keep from each reference by selecting the check box next to each field.
- Click merge to keep one merged entry in your library containing the complete document details